Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who is our Fortress ?


I send this card to my colleague last month when we hear that he is down with some disease. Once I asked to him about his sickness; Later I came to know that here in USA, we are not allowed to ask personal questions in work environment. I just enquirer about his health issues so as to tell him some comforting words. So I decided to give my most beautiful photo that I took this year to him and here it goes. We all signed in the card and send it to him. I took this one on 28th Nov 2010 around 6:30 am when the temperature first came down below '0' Celsius...

Just like every fall days, If i get time to look through the windows during a semi cloudy day; i will spend time to see God's work enjoy the Sun rise and how it is putting and blending colors into the sky... 28th was special in the way it was... It's a bright day with scattered clouds... I stopped making the tea and rushed to take my camera and my jacket... Ran to the park and took few ; then ran to the pond where I can get both clouds and frozen water's reflection ....

After taking few pictures, I waited there for few more minutes... WOW... that's the only word that I was whispering when watching the Sun rise... It's so so cold out there; also I am holding my camera with my bare hand... ohho... its getting frozen... Let me go back to home. Made a tea and went back to my room. Suddenly I remember the verse that I send to my church group; But I already send that photo with the verse... This is the most suitable one for the below verse... But it's ok; I can use this as a card...


Psalm 65:8 - They also that dwell in the uttermost parts are afraid at thy tokens: thou makest the outgoings of the morning and evening to rejoice.

Would you know this life of triumph, victory all the way?
Then put God in the beginning of each coming day...
(28th Nov - Streams in the Desert)

After one month he came back to office and I got a mail from him...

"Hi Jean. Today was my first day back in the office... And thank you for the nice get well card while I was out. That was very thoughtful, and really meant a lot..."

I am so happy now... I make use of this card to make some one happy... :-)

These are the little things that we can do in our life for others ; as a return for what all God has done to all of us...

No comments: